With a spectacular view of mystical Mount Kilimanjaro, and easy access to the wild attractions of Tsavo West National Park, Voyager Ziwani offers a tranquil retreat in one of the wildest hotels left on Earth. Located on a private sanctuary on the western edge of Tsavo, the camp sits on a secluded dam on the Sante River – home to turtles, crocodiles and hundreds of basking hippos.
Once the site for the German Schutztruppe garrison in the First World War, Voyager Ziwani is today famous for being in ‘big game country’ that is one of the biggest national parks in the world, Tsavo West. Filled with a rich tapestry of volcanic upheavals like the Roaring Rocks and the volcanic rubble heap that is Chaimu, the land is as diverse as its wildlife – the red elephants of Tsavo and descendents of the infamous man-eating lions share the savanna grasslands with the Fringe-eared orxy of the thorn filled scrub while the crocodiles and hippos while away time in the cool waters of the crystal clear Mzima springs and the rivers that course through.
Why Voyager Ziwani?
- Newly renovated tents, with en-suite facilities and private verandahs
- Located in a game rich private sanctuary which affords night game drives
- Easy access by road from either Nairobi, Tsavo East or Mombasa
- Own airstrip so accessible by air
- Many World War 1 & 2 battle sites nearby
- New ranch tours of Gicheha farm
- Neighbours Tsavo West National Park for day-time game drives
- Knowledgeable resident naturalists
- The best kids clubs in the region for cultural and wildlife edutainment
Facilities at the Camp
- En-suite washrooms
- Jetties over Sante dam
- Early morning tea
- All day laundry services
- Bush breakfast/dinner
- Nature walks
- Foreign exchange
- Safe deposit
Voyager Ziwani offers 25 beautiful earth-colored designer safari tents that have been furnished to provide the classic ambiance of a traditional African camping safari. Fitted with large windows and shade netting to keep the interiors cool and filled with natural light, each tent has a verandah for guests to relax and watch the wildlife against the backdrop of Africa’s tallest mountain – Kilimanjaro.